Friday, September 11, 2009

FUN!

Josh and I have been able to do a lot of fun things these past couple weeks. After a LOOONNNGGG test week for the both of us, Josh flew out to Dallas to meet his dad and brothers and watch the BYU/OU game! They had a ton of fun and Josh was very happy that things worked out and he was able to go to the game. What made it even better, for Josh, was that BYU won! Here are a few weeks that Josh was able to take at the game. He took a lot more and could probably do a whole post on his 48 hours in Dallas, but that's won't ever happen.
Josh also couldn't stay away from softball any longer! It's been a whole year since he has played. So he got a group together to play this fall. They had their first game last week. He is super excited to be playing again. They lost their first game but on their second game! (They has a double header against the same team.) And more games to come this week!
And now onto the highlight of my summer! :) I was able to go to Cleveland's Country Jam 2009! It was sooo much fun (minus all the horrible cigarettes that were burning continuously around us.)! It was an all day event. The concert started at noon with Lawless, Heidi Newfield, Emerson Drive, Jamey Johnson, John Michael Montgomery, Blake Shelton and then Josh Turner. Here are the girls that came with me!
This lady was HILARIOUS! We watched her more than the actual concert! First of all, we LOVED her outfit. Then she had a boy with her who looked way younger than her and we were trying to figure out how they knew each other. At some points they were a little friendly. But we still have NO idea if it was her son, brother, friend or husband. And the best part of her was her dancing! Yes, she danced. I wish I could get my camera video function to work on my computer! It was the best :)
Pics of other country fans:

This is Hedi Newfield:
Emerson Drive:
Cindy and Cassie:
And I still can't believe that I am posting this nasty picture of me, but I couldn't believe how red I got. None of us even thought about bringing sunscreen and I had no idea how red I got until I looked in the mirror this morning. And this pic doesn't even show just how red my face is! I got soo many comments in church today about my face. It's been a little painful but not too bad. It was well worth it though!
I'm super excited about this week and next! All of my favorite TV shows start back up! I love watching The Biggest Loser! I can't wait to watch this Tuesday! What's your favorite show starting this fall?

8 comments:

  1. That concert looks like so much fun! Especially the crazy fans :) A little sunburn would be totally worth it! Glad Josh is enjoying school and playing softball is a good hobby to unwind from a crazy test week. We sure miss you guys, glad you're doing well. When will we be seeing you next? Are you coming West for any holidays? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cracking up SOOOO much from last night. :) Do you mind if I steal a couple of your pictures?

    Thanks for letting me go along with you guys! I had a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was curious what kinds of activities you did when you were in charge of Achievement Days? Help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you've been having loads of fun!
    I LOVE the Biggest Loser too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so red but it looks like it was well worth it. I love The Biggest Loser too. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked like a ton of fun and lots of SUN.
    I LOVE Lost, but I don't know if its starting this fall or what. I was really looking forward to Jay Leno too. Watched it last night for the first time and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun update! the country jam looks like a blast. glad you guys had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i didn't know you guys moved. very exciting. it looks like a nice place.

    ReplyDelete