Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snow Blowin'

CAUTION: This is me being completely bored last weekend and dying to use my camera.

Nothing new is really going on.  This is probably the most boring post ever.  This week Josh is preparing for his LAST finals week EVER!  I can't wait to get this over with.  We haven't really done anything exciting but last weekend I was dying to get my camera out and take pictures of something.  So, I look out the window and saw this little bird.  I couldn't believe that a bird would be this far north as this time of year.  I thought to myself "poor little guy."


Then I looked over to my neighbor's yard and saw this:
 I couldn't believe all the birds there! (I told you, not a very fun post...it's about birds!)  Towards the end of the day, I ventured out with Josh to clear the driveway.  In all honesty, this was my first time in my life that I have ever had to do that.  (Oklahoma didn't get snow when I was growing up and when we did, it was nothing like they are getting now.)  Here are a few pictures I took.



And no, I did not just go out there and take pictures and watch Josh.  I actually did some too.  I did the whole driveway while Josh shoveling the sidewalk. 

 Not bad for a first timer, huh?  Although I did have to have Josh come help me several times.  I couldn't get the sprayer thing to turn and had a few other problems, but for the most part I think I did pretty good.

And I can't believe that I am actually posting this nasty picture of me; but here it is...This is Josh and I with our snow gear on after finishing the driveway.  We were running late and this is the only picture that Josh would let me take.  But I hardly ever post pictures of us. 
So, there you have it; the most boring post ever!  We are both sooo ready for Spring/Summer!  It's been nice that the sun is staying out longer, but I'm ready for temps that are above freezing!

5 comments:

  1. Well I think it's a cute picture of you guys and not a boring post at all! Glad you are enjoying your new camera and the snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the kind of post I love...about you and Josh! And using a snow blower is nothing like shoveling....just so you know!! We are tired of snow in Oklahoma for sure. Most of us don't even own a snow shovel here. Usually it just melts within days, all by itself! Not this year though! I love that pic of you and Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I wish we had one of those snow plowing do-hickeys. Lol.....actually we don't need one today because most of it melted today! And next week....mid 70's!! WHAT?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pic, really, it's fun. And I wish I we just had access to snow shovels let alone snow-blower-things! Couldn't find a single one in the city of Norman. So, now that Josh is done with school what are your plans?

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU helping shovel snow?!?!? Wow miracles are happening :) No, I like your kind of helping...taking pictures of the birds

    ReplyDelete