Friday, April 29, 2011

April Recap

I can't believe that April is just about over!  Where did the time go?  Actually I am very thankful it went by as fast as it did.  I'm just hoping that this next month goes by just as fast.  Josh has finished his rotation in New York.  He will be home soon and will be here til Sunday morning then off to Kansas City.  I have actually been very busy this month and have been able to see Josh every weekend.  I have been very fortunate and this first month away hasn't been too bad.  Busy with just me being home by myself?  Yes, that's right.  Here are some of the things I have done.  I have been doing a lot of job searching.  Things at work have been a little rough this month, so I have started a search.  I'm not sure that I will actually go through with it as I only have a year left here and I'm hoping that I can make my current employer last at least that long, but I'm not sure that I can.  I have done a lot of searching online and have had 2 in person interviews and 4-5 phone interviews.  I have also been busy with my calling.  I've had a few meetings and have to make sure I have teachers, etc, etc...I have also been able to do a few things that I enjoy.  This last week I started reading a book that I really enjoy.  Tonight I made sugar cookies for Josh. 

Yes, they are feet.  We like feet around house...hopefully soon they will start making us money :) 

I made this birthday wreath, which I love: 


I have also done a little sewing.  Not much, but some.

I mowed the lawn for the first time.  I actually really enjoyed doing it.  I had my iPod going with headphones so I could hear and mowed away.  Luckily our lawn is small, but I did enjoy it.  I also got the car's oil change and new brakes installed for the car.  About 4 hours later and too much $$$, my car feels much better :)    I'm proud of myself.  Overall, I feel like I have gotten a lot accomplished this month.  It's been hard being away from Josh, but I have definitely kept myself busy enough that it hasn't been too bad.  Now I need a few projects for this coming month...Any ideas???

5 comments:

  1. The birthday wreath is super cute. Where did you get the idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. busy, busy girl! Look at you go! :) Lo ve that cute birthday wreath! :) Hoping this month flies by just as fast--and you can be together again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you wont be alone too much this month...I'm coming soon! And your Grandma and Aunt Valerie! I can hardly wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your such a good example Dina! Way to stay busy and happy while Josh is gone. I love the birthday wreath! Such a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are keeping busy, that must be so hard. Hmm - as for ideas, I don't have many - oh I know, blog more. :) When I find myself alone I either read or watch a movie. I would say pursue a new hobby but you're already so super-talented that I don't know what else you could do. I hope you have a good May.

    ReplyDelete