Sunday, October 14, 2012

July-August 2012

Josh officially started residency in July and time has flown by since then.  The first month went by really fast.  I thought it might be hard for Josh adjusting to working  so many hours, but he was so busy that there was no time to really think about.

In July, Josh turned the bug 3-0.  Being in a new place and being as lame as we are, we didn't do much.  Josh opened a few presents then went to dinner at Chili's.  Birthdays just aren't nearly as fun as you get older but hopefully, he still had a good time.  Here are a few birthday pictures that was like pulling teeth to get Josh to take.

After dinner, we ended up going to our friends' child's birthday.  There we had cake and ice cream and were able to celebrate a little more than what we probably would have otherwise.

That was pretty much our month of July...just full of work.  We both worked a ton of overtime. The only fun thing I think we did was Josh's birthday.  We didn't even go see fireworks for the 4th.  We still didn't have power from the storm and just weren't in the mood to go out.  We are totally lame, I know.

August followed suite.  We both continued to work a ton of hours each week.  We didn't really do anything fun or exciting the whole month except towards the end.  I was able to go back to Oklahoma!  I was pretty excited especially to have a break from work but also to see my family.  My Dad turned 60 on the 26th!  I can't believe he is that old.  He had no idea I was coming.  I flew in on Thursday, I think.  Christine and her kids picked me up from the airport.  Then we headed to go see Nichole, Kylie and Payton.  (Nathan was at work and Matthew at school.)  I think this was the first time I didn't go straight to Braums' from the airport!  But not to worry, we went to Braum's right after Nichole's and met my mom and Shawnee there.  I spent the next few days hanging out with my mom and siblings. Here are a few pictures I took.

My Dad's party was on Saturday.  We all met at Shawnee's for the party.  Again, my dad had no idea that I was coming. He was in complete, utter shock when I walked in.  It was great!  We went swimming, then hung around talking.

Here is the cake we had made for my Dad.  My Dad has several sayings that he has always said while we were growing up and still says them today.  If you ask him what day it is, it is always August 3rd.  He will always "threaten to 'flatten you out like a pancake.'"  You ask him how he is doing and he will say, "Shucks, I'm just tickled pink to be alive."  Ask how old he is, he is 29 (although now that he has a few kids over the age of 30, he has now bumped it up to 39.  I'm sure there are many more that I am missing right now, but I loved the cake.  I came up with it myself.  It's a stack of pancakes, if you can't tell from my pictures.

It was a great party and to make it better towards the end of the party, a huge storm rolled in towards the end.  I miss and LOVE Oklahoma storms!  It was a great way to end the party.


  1. Glad to hear everything is going so well. Also I love your colors in your master bedroom. I'm leaning towards an orange theme in our master bedroom. I'm sure one day I'll get around to decorating or something. Ha!

    And I do have to say you have some of the cutest nieces and nephews. And Happy (very late) Birthday to Josh - I forgot he and Carlin were the same age.

  2. I'm glad I got to see you, I miss you so much! Wonderful photos, as usual!