Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Taylor & Becca's Wedding Weekend

I left Oklahoma on Thursday afternoon.  I hadn't been feeling well all that day, but nothing too bad.  I was flying by myself because Josh left the day before (flying standby and didn't want to chance not making it to the wedding).  My flight out of Oklahoma City was delayed, I didn't think much of it.  I already had a three hour layover in Vegas and thought that it would just cut into that time.  Once I got on the plane, my cold or whatever it was hit me hard.  I sneezed the whole flight and felt AWFUL!  Luckily I had some Puffs Plus with Lotion tissues, but only enough for that flight.  I felt so bad that as soon as I walked off the plane in Vegas, I went straight to the little shop and spent a ridiculous amount on money on medicine and the cheap tissues that hurt my nose.  My flight into Salt Lake was then delayed too.  I didn't get into Salt Lake until about 1am (3am my time)!  Not only was I exhausted but not feeling well at all.  We stayed the night at Josh's aunt and uncles (thanks Jordan and Melissa).  Josh had gotten sick too, so we stopped and loaded up on NyQuil and the good tissues!  That night I slept in until I HAD to get up to get ready for the wedding.  It was a beautiful ceremony in the Bountiful Temple.  I felt bad though cause I was coughing and sniffling the entire time.  It was so embarrassing, but I got through it.  Then pictures, it was soo cold.  I don't know how Becca did it without a coat!  I was freezing and we were out there for quite a while.  After pictures at the temple, we headed to the luncheon.  It was really beautiful and great food.  I could only eat a few bites though!  Didn't really even eat my cake and that is just crazy for me!  After a few bites, I went and found a little couch and took a nap.  Then off to the reception and more pictures.  The reception was at Becca's parents' GORGEOUS house!  We were there for a little bit, but Josh and I left a little early.  I slept all the way to Idaho and then slept til about 5pm the next day, getting up only to get some medicine ever couple hours.  I felt so bad not spending time with Josh's family especially since we don't get to see them very often.  I once again only got up to go to the reception.  When we got back home, I went to bed and slept pretty much until we had to leave for the airport.  I couldn't believe how much I slept that weekend!  I don't think I have ever been that sick from a cold before!  Sorry, now I'm just being whinny...

Anyways, it was an interesting weekend for me!  But Josh and I are both so happy for Taylor and Becca!  They are completely happy and we all LOVE Becca!  She's great and they make a perfect match!  Congrats you too!  We love you guys!

So, I still didn't have my camera, so I stole some pictures from my sister-in-law's blog (Thanks Ashley!)

Here is Taylor & Becca coming out of the temple:

Rylee & I waiting for them to come out:
Reese & Josh:
Congrats again Taylor and Becca!  We are so happy for you guys!  It was a short weekend and I wish could have been more help or awake to spend more time with the family.  Hopefully next time I won't be so sick.  It was good to get home and to get back to "normal."  I was sick for a while once we got home too, but am much better now!  We finally feel like we are back into the swing of things after a lot of traveling.  And now I am almost all caught up on blogging...feels sooo good!


  1. Feel free to borrow my pictures, they were very cute ones of you two! So glad you are feeling better, I felt so bad that you were obviously feeling horrible! It makes it about 12 times worse when you are not in your own house too.
    Glad all is well, way to go on keeping up with the blogging!

  2. so glad you are feeling better, i'm sure josh's family understood. they are great people!

  3. Great pictures! Don't you just LOVE weddings?! Makes you want to have another one...

    We haven't decided if we're moving back to Oklahoma yet-- it's still up in the air. We've just been praying to see if it's right. Hopefully it is, fingers are crossed! I love that state...

  4. Wow--lots of traveling! That stinks that you got sick--glad you're feeling better!

  5. IT STINKS to be sick when you travel! I am so sorry that's what happened!!! Glad you're doing better now. :)