Tuesday, December 13, 2011

December 2011, Thus Far

I can't believe how fast this month has already flown by!  Time really must go faster as you get older; but with that, I am worried how fast time might fly ten years from now.  We have had a great month thus far.  I LOVE Christmas!  I really have to hold myself back from getting tons and tons of Christmas decor.  We did, however, get a new tree this year.  We had an old Charlie Brown tree that we had gotten for free and gave it away at a garage sale we had this last spring.  We weren't planning on buying a tree this year because we don't want to have to move it; but since we are going to be home, I talked Josh into getting one.  I absolutely LOVE the tree we got.  It's prelit and has both pine cones and berries mixed within the tree.  We got a great deal on it too, 50% off!  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! 

I wanted to do a few Christmas crafts this year too.  Because we got a new tree, I decided to do a tree skirt.  I absolutely love how it turned out.  Here is a picture of our beautiful tree with the unfinished tree skirt.  I was just wanting to see how it would look.


Josh surprised me with an early Christmas present.  It's this tree topper with the nativity in the center.  We saw this in Amish country earlier this year and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since.  I LOVE it!


My mom wanted to see some pictures of the tree skirt.  Don't look too closely to any of the seams.  I still have MUCH to learn about sewing.  I'm really not that good.




Here is our finished Christmas tree!  I love it and I think the skirt looks great underneath and the star looks BEAUTIFUL on top.  Santa even came a little early to our house and dropped off a few presents for us.

And just some random pictures I took of the tree.




Early this month, we were able to go to a hockey game.  Cleveland has a minor league team called the Lake Erie Monsters.  Its been a long time since I have gone to a hockey game.  We had soo much fun though and I hope we will be able to go again soon.  I didn't bring my camera, so only a few pictures from my phone.


We can't believe how fast time has gone already this month, but we are hoping that it will continue to fly by, at least for a little while.  We are anxious to find out where we will be for residency and we don't find that out til April.  That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. So beautiful! You are GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree and the tree skirt. It's gorgeous. I'm glad to see you are staying busy and having a good month. I'm with you on Christmas decor, I think it's taken all my self-control not to buy up everything when I'm out shopping.

    ReplyDelete