Sunday, December 11, 2011

November 2011

Things have been absolutely crazy around here.  Time is flying by as usual this time of year and it doesn't help that I have been working overtime for the last 6-7 weeks with no end of it in sight.  I don't know how some people work well over 40 hours a week on a continuous basis.  The most I have worked is about 50 hours and I have been completely exhausted.  But other than that work has been going pretty good.  I still love my new job.  It is the perfect job for me, which is something I never though I'd find :)

Josh has been busy going to clinic, lots and lots of church things (3 baptisms in the last month) and studying for the fast-approaching boards and interviews.  This month he is out on externships and is completely ready to be done with this chapter in our lives.

Here's a small recap on November:

We got some family pictures taken by a friend. We took some of their family and they took a few of us.  We were lucky to get them done before all the leaves fell for the season.  Our favorite one is the one above used as our blog header.

We had a GREAT Thanksgiving.  We spent it with some of our best friends here in Ohio.  I wish I would have taken pictures as this is our last Thanksgiving with them.  But it was fun!  I don't know how some women do a whole Thanksgiving by themselves though.  I made homemade rolls, green bean casserole, fruit salad and a pie.  I was completely exhausted after that.  I can't imagine adding a turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and everything else added to that!  It was great food with great company.  We spent the afternoon/early evening eating, chatting and playing every one's new favorite game, Telestrations!  We LOVE that game!

We also had a very successful Black Friday.  I can't believe how many stores opened so early though.  I feel bad for the employees.  I went with a friend to an outlet mall near by; it opened at 9pm!  But I was able to get a few things.  It didn't seem to be too crowded until we were leaving.  Most people must not have realized how early it opened.  Josh went out really early Friday morning and got a few things too.  We spent more money than we probably should have, but oh well.

In November, my grandpa passed away.  This was a day that everyone in my family has dreaded the most.  He was the best grandpa anyone could wish for.  I loved him very much and I hope he knew that.  I don't have a single bad memory of him.  He always had fun with us, never forgot a birthday nor a Christmas card.  I miss him so, so much already.
Love you, Grandpa!

November is a month full of Thanksgiving.  We have so much to be thankful for.  I am very thankful for the wonderful husband I have.  I'm thankful for my job and how it all seemed to fall into place.  I'm so very grateful for the gospel and the peace and happiness it brings into my life.  I love and miss my family.  I'm grateful for the bond that I have with my siblings.  I am truly blessed to have the in-laws that I have.  They are such wonderful people who I love and care for.  I don't think I could have asked for any better in-laws.  I am very thankful for my grandpa and for the life that he lived as well as the happiness that he brought into mine.  Hope you all had a great November full of Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I've sure been wondering about you guys and hoping things are well! I love the picture of you guys here! SO cute!
    Excited for the next chapter in your lives. I AM DYING to hear where everyone will go! :) You're so awesome for hanging in there and working so dang hard! WHEW! You amaze me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have a close bond with your sisters and brothers too. I'm so grateful to be the mother of six great kids. You make me proud! I loved your Grandpa too, and am sorry you have to go through the grief of losing him.

    ReplyDelete