Sunday, March 29, 2009

This Last Week

This last week has been a VERY long one. It was another test week for Josh; so of course he sent several night/hours at the school or Denny's studying. But I probably wouldn't have seen him much anyway because last Saturday I got really sick. All I did on Saturday and Sunday was SLEEP! And then the rest of this week I had to work but went to bed really early when I got home. Being sick this week totally wiped me out. It all started on Saturday morning when I woke up crying because my throat hurt so bad. My throat got better, but then I got the runny nose and the coughing which STILL has not gone away.

On Thursday, my mom and Josh FINALLY had convinced me to go the doctor. Since I haven't established with a family doctor here yet, I just went to an Urgent care center after work. Here's my question though....What exactly is urgent about an urgent care center? You would think that the patients that go there really need help URGENTLY and that they would get that help quickly, but NO you still there and wait for HOURS! I was lucky and was only there for about an hour, but it seemed like FOREVER! The just gave me some antibiotics and suggested some over the counter meds to take. I am feeling better but not really much. My cough is still very much prevalent and my nose is still runny. Hopefully this will pass soon!

Well other than being sick and test week, we haven't been up to much else. We did get to go to the temple yesterday though! and it was soooo good. I haven't been able to do a session in SOOOOOOOOOOOOO long that it just isn't funny. Luckily the Columbus temple is small and much like the one in Oklahoma City. Going to the temple here is an all day event though. The temple is about 2 hours away from where we live, but it was worth the car ride. The only thing I regret is that I forgot my camera! I really wish I would have brought it and taken pictures of my own of the temple. I guess there is always next time though! That concludes our week! Hopefully this week won't be so long!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon Dina! I hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bummer to be sick AND have that be during test week! I am so sorry I didn't know! I would have rushed over with some soup or something.

    Hope this week is brighter and better and you are feeling back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks that you were sick! Alex has been sick for the past two weeks, and I've been able to dodge it thus far! Phew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being sick is the worst! Glad you got to the Dr, hopefully those antibiotics will kick in soon!
    We haven't been to the temple is way to long, so I know how that feels!
    Hope this weeks goes better!
    PS-Love all the pics of your fun sister/mom weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're sick. No fun! So I say next time we crash the late night Denny's party. These boys are having too much fun without us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel better soon. Yay for much needed temple trips.

    ReplyDelete