- In the Us alone, more than 10 BILLION donuts are made each year.
- The largest donut ever made was an American-style jelly donut weighing 1.7 tons, which was 16 feet in diameter and 16 inches high in the center.
- Per capita, Canada has more donut shops than any other country.
- The hole in the donut's center appeared in the first half of the 19th Century.
- In 1917, Salvation Army female volunteers known as “lassies” prepared thousands of fresh donuts to the homesick soldiers that served in France during World War I. National Donut Day was officially established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to raise much-needed funds during the Great Depression.
Yes, that is right. The most exciting thing that I can write about is donuts! The funny thing is that I work at a Police Department, so you would think that on this very special day that someone would have brought donuts in...but NO ONE did. Oh well, I don't really need to eat tons of donuts anyways.Well, as stated earlier this week has really brought no excitment into our lives. We've been REALLY busy, but not with anything that is fun. I started my last two classes this week and BOTH of them are extremely BORING. I don't even know how I am able to stay awake in one of them. The other isn't so bad but nothing exciting. It's going to be a really long 7 more weeks!
The only other thing that was really crazy this week was the weather in Oklahoma. That's nothing really new because it is always crazy here, but it has been REALLY crazy lately. All day yesterday the wind was blowing HARD! I have no idea how fast, but I saw tons of decent size trees that had been split apart because of the wind. It was pretty crazy. Last night there were huge storms. Lightning filled the sky so often that you could have been confused about whether it was day/night. I wanted to take pictures but Josh keeps leaving the camera at work...grrrrrr. We actually didn't get too much rain though, which really surpised me. Oh and Josh's softball team won a game last night. This season they have now won three games!! They didn't get to play their second game last night because of the weather. Oh and I forgot to mention that the team that they did beat last night had beat them a few weeks ago and the score of that game was like 33-17. So, good job to all of them!
Well, that concludes all the excitement for this week. Maybe something will happen this weekend, but I doubt it. Our plans are to help my sister move and for me to work all day Saturday! What are your plans this weekend?